Excuses are for those who need them. I don't negotiate my training



I had every reason not to exercise today, first my alarm didn't go off at 4:30am but my body clock woke me up at 5:30! I had 2hours to complete a 12miles run (I am training for a marathon and Saturdays are my long runs). I was tired, thanks to my staying up later than usual cleaning the whole goat meat I bought from the butchers..... I love goat meat! Do you know that goat meat is 50% lower in fat than beef and is about 40% lower in saturated fat than chicken, even chicken cooked with the skin off!!.....Well I digress. So I rushed into the bath to get ready for my run and staring at me from my open windows was the most ugly creature ever! A Raccoon! Sweet baby Jesus I screamed and shut my window. Could this be a sign that I should skip my run?
 
As I was about to leave home my nearly 3year old child woke up and insisted that I took him with me on my run! Now that would be tricky...lol but then I thought maybe this really is a sign that I shouldn't go running, it might be a Raccoon festival out there for all I knew! I eventually made it out of the house but forgot to take my armband phone pouch which meant holding my phone for the duration of my run; how inconvenient is that!
 
5miles into my run, I saw a rat on my path that refused to move away! What's up with that! Rats usually just run away at the sounds of human feet. 9miles into my run I saw a cat running with a hand glove in its mouth and a bird swooping low to get the glove from the cat! Seriously!!!?
The bird swooped so low that it almost touched my shoulders. My heart rate leaped up to 170bpm and I sprinted off up a hill I usually walk up!
 
Still not sure if everything that occurred today was a sign or a sigh but I am glad that I did train against all odds......Excuses? not for me!
 
Have you ever had such a day where it seems everything is stopping you from exercising? Tell me about your odds, I would love to read them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

.