I Exercise So I can Eat


I exercise so I can eat more; but more importantly, so I can eat junk.
Yep! That definitely use to be me. The more I ate badly the more I exercised until 2 things happened.

 

  1. I got injured from excessive exercise: Because I was exercising for 2 hours per day 6 days  a week, ponding my body, trying to out exercise my bad food, I get seriously injured and could not exercise for  months. Now, because I hadn't learnt good food habits, the inevitable happened. I gained 1 stone in 4 weeks
  2. I hit a fitness plateau: But in actual fact I really didn't hit a plateau, because  plateau is when you cannot seem to make any progress despite doing everything right. A plateau as a result of exercising and eating badly is not a plateau; it is simply a waste of ones time.
As for as I am concern exercise without the corresponding healthy eating is self abuse. Why would I want to abuse myself, three times! First with bad food then with exercise and  third with the mental torture of  feeling bad from eating bad! Why would you want to do that to yourself too?



Now, does this mean that I eat perfectly every time now? No! It is okay to indulge occasionally. But to continual overeat because you exercise is not okay.

I made a path with myself that I will use exercise as a way of rewarding myself for eating well rather than punishing myself. So anytime I ate badly I did not exercise because I felt  hadn't earned it. But because I know that if I continued to eat badly and not exercise I will soon be back to 116kg so I choose daily to eat right and reward my body with natural endorphins aka exercise
So, make a decision today to use exercise to keep fit and food to maintain your weight/lose weight depending on your goals.



Exercise so you can eat more? No! that is so 2013.....
Like my blog? Then subscribe for more post.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jules, this is me! Exercise so I can eat junk, then I got injured half the year and indeed, I gained 10kg the last 6months even whilst exercising still albeit not as hard as I used to. So in 2014, I must focus on food challenges and follow ur advise "Loose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We learn daily Dokpe. I use to be exactly the same but I have learnt. It's a new year in a few hours, with prayer & determination you can make 2014 your year of greatness Xx

      Delete

.