God If You Can't Make Me Skinny, Then Please Make My Friends Fat! (Part 2)

So, fast forward 3 months on; after losing 3 stones, I started to become complacent with my diet and exercise. I began to skip my workout and eat one granola bar too many. Although I wasn't at my pre-pregnancy weight, I didn't look bad for a mother of 2 (that's what I told myself). 

Until one day I started getting notifications on my Facebook timeline from a secret group that I didn't join! It was spooky! This lady featured kept appearing on my timeline posting endlessly about the need to lose weight and not settle for average. 

I took a look at her and thought, she looks like she needs to lose some. She was the same height as me and of similar body frame. So I decided to follow whatever she said to do. If she said run, I ran with a skip, if she said drink a glass of green smoothie, I drank 2, and soon I noticed the fire was reignited in me. 

When I struggled or let myself down I would inbox her and she was never tired of encouraging me. She celebrated every single achievement with me. From my first green smoothie, to running my first ever marathon, to becoming a personal trainer, to even writing this blog. A lady I met online via a secret group. She saw greatness in me when I was ready to settle for average.

But in giving to me and many others, she received because she met her weight loss goals too. She lost the weight whilst encouraging others. A woman indeed encouraging women; a rarity!

Today I want to say.............. Thank you!

To you reading my blog, I say surround yourself with the believers, the dreamers, the thinkers, the doers but most importantly surround yourself with people who see GREATNESS in you.


My next post will conclude this series; subscribe to be amongst the first to read it.








2 comments:

  1. There's no doubt that she works hard and she inspires!! Funny how God sends people into your life just when you need them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. A endless giver she is

    ReplyDelete

.