How To Turn A Healthy Meal Into A Poison!

I do love okra soup or lady finger soup. I love it because it is a very simple soup to cook, it's a vegetable and it is relatively cheap to buy. It's health benefits are endless but one that really caught my attention is that okra increases sexual potency! I know, but hey don't blame me for spoting that one; it is the midwife in me! Got to ensure that those babies keep coming! LOL.

Anyway, I digress; while I was cooking my dinner today it occurred to me how the way I cook has changed over the years. The food I eat hasn't necessarily changed but how I cook it  has definitely changed.

So let me analyse my dinner and show you how you could be eating the same thing but be potentially slowly digging an early grave.

OKRA SOUP
Serves 10 people 
10 cups of okra
20 pieces of grilled chicken
1 whole roasted cat fish
10 cups of spinach
3 tsp of Palm oil
1 cup of cray fish
1tsp of salt

Yummy!

Typically most will do this

10 cups of okra
1 whole roasted fish
10 cups of spinach 
1000g of red meat
3 cooking spoon of Palm oil
1 cup of cray fish
3tsp of salt
5 cubes of Maggie cube (more salt)
Yummy!....... Until

Can you spot the difference?

Well, let me tell you what has been added and the implication

MORE SALT: The number one medical consequence of too much salt in your diet is hypertension. Too much salt in your diet can lead to fluid retention and promote abnormal incresae of fliud volume in the body. This increases blood volume and subsequently blood pressure. This increase can lead to cardiovascular emergencies such as stroke and heart attack. In addition, fluid retention leads to puffiness, bloating and weight gain. Other complications of too much salt (sodium) include osteoporosis, kidney disorders and dehydration.

MORE RED PALM OIL: Palm oil is actually healthier than originally thought, if used appropiately it can be beneficial in slowing down the aging process amongst other health benefits. However, palm oil is high in saturted fat and if used irresponsibly can lead to weight gain, heart problems, elevated cholesterol, which over time can lead to heart disease. 

RED MEAT: Too much red meat can upset the body's glucose balance. Studies have shown that people who eat too much red meat have a higher risk of diabetes.  

So you might not be eating junk food per say but the "healthy" meals you cook can potentially be poisons if cooked in the wrong way. 

This analysis can be applied to any food you eat not just Okra soup.


So before you eat; think!









1 comment:

.