God If You Can't Make Me Skinny Please Make My Friends Fat! (Part 3)

The trilogy of my weight loss journey will not be complete if I don't mention some people who simply just made it fun and a big laugh. You see, I am a creature of laughter, I don't do very well if I can't find the humour in a situation. This next lady amongst others injected a good dose of that.

At this point, I had lost almost 80lbs but I was still what is classified as "skinny fat". I was slim but my body fat percentage was high. Strength training and an even healthier diet was the solution. 

But the more I strength trained, the hungrier I was. Back then, I didn't know what I now know about  the many advantages of strength training. Do you know that when you strength train you can almost get away with eating more? This is because the more muscle mass you have the more calories you burn even at rest and the more calories you burn the easier it is to maintain your weight. But it has got to be healthy food though not junk.............I digress.


This amazing lady joined the secret group in the nick of time. She straight away could see my dilemma, she knew I was hungry because she was hungry too.....LOL. So any new discovery she found she share with me. She taught me the principle of eating smart not less. Why use cow's milk at 155 calories for 250ml when you could have almond milk at 30 calories for same amount and it is better for you she would say. Why make a sunny side up with 5 eggs at 350 calories when you could use 1 cup of egg white and just one whole egg at 190 calories! plus you will have more food to eat! (I told you she was hungry.............LOL)


Apart from food, we also had other things in common, we both love to lift heavy weights. We knew long before the phrase was coined that strong is the new sexy, we just didn't know the phrase then LOL. We both desired the toned, fit look. Therefore, every time I saw a Facebook post from her looking toned and strong I knew I had to sit up and be serious. She injected the element of a healthy competition that I needed at that stage of my weight loss journey.

Now look at her; Michelle Obama's arms has got nothing on my fit friend!

You totally ROCK babe!........Thank you for getting me and my quacky sense of humour. Amen to egg white and almond milk.........LOL.



My message to you reading this blog post is, be open about your struggles because someone just might have the solution you need. Also, relax, laugh a little......weight loss, it really is not that deep.


Happy New Year!


P:S
By the way, my journey was influenced positively by more than these 3 people I have share in this trilogy. I hope to talk about some other people in the future when the time is right. 



Like my blog? Then Subscribe. It's FREE.

1 comment:

  1. Much of this journey is about trial and error and finding what works for you. Meeting like minded people with similar goals is great because you can share experiences and ideas and cut out much of the error. As they say, iron sharpens iron... let's keep sharpening babe, you inspire big.

    ReplyDelete

.